You are here
Procedural Patterns That Ensure Success
Successful complex projects follow a similar pattern. Project initiation is the key to success. This sets the course for the whole project:
- Has the need for action and urgency been recognized and is it backed?
- Have all topics been defined? Have the causes and symptoms been understood?
- Do all members of upper management support the target vision for the project?
- Have criteria for success been identified? Have precautions been taken against stumbling blocks?
- Has a leadership coalition been established at the helm?
- Does the project team have the right experience?
- Has the role of external support been clarified?
- Have change processes been prepared?
- Have plans been communicated within the company?